Tuesday 2 October 2012

Work! Work! Work!

Hello There,

   Last Wednesday, which would have been the 26th of September, I finally got started on my work on experience. I was working alongside old family friends in a pharmacy in my village. 

   I was really scared and nervous walking in the door, but I was welcomed with a huge smile and a warm handshake. This made me feel like I belonged there. I stated my name and was soon shown to my duties.
   I started off date checking some boxes of tablets, creams and oils. That went really well, I ended up throwing away a some pharmaceutical items and got to re-stock the ones that i'd thrown away.
   I was then put on the computer to register some new items from an order that had arrived that morning. This was a s easy as pie! I got to scan items, press a few buttons and I was finished. 
   After I had re-stocked everything new, I took a quick break. This is when I had a lovely conversation with my new work mates. After my break, I was brushed off my feet running back and forth to Dr. Walsh's office, asking him to sign some documents for the staff and customers.
   Later that afternoon, I was shown how to work the till to serve the customers.  I also got to stamp the car park tickets. This was pretty awesome as I got to meet lots of lovely customers and help them out.
   I then took my hour break from one o' clock until two, and came back feeling fresh and new for the next shift to start. I was taken back by the amount of new people I had met and talked to.
    I have to admit the best part of the day was when my daddy came in and visited me out in the big world of work. I got to serve him and go and collect his prescription. I didn't really have a worst part of the day, the only fault that I had was my back aches, but I just brushed that off my shoulder.
    I learned that the chemist is a place where I can be myself.  I also learned that, the work place that i'm in has a set structure to report a problem. It starts off as a worker and then eventually gets told to either Dr. Walsh or Shirley. The world of work is a lot different than school. It has many different duties attached to it and people are depending on you. I think that I'd rather stay in school than in work!
   Thanks for reading, 
         See ye next Wednesday!
           
    Peace Out, 
          Soph x







No comments:

Post a Comment